Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just Chocolate and Peanuts

Last night at the movies I repeatedly shoved a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar in my boyfriend's face until he tried it. (PS - The Fighter. See it)

My pleas: Come on! they're so good! and healthy! and delicious! take a bite! take a bite.

Him, when he finally acquiesced: Yeah, that's pretty good. But isn't it just chocolate and peanuts? How is that so healthy?

Me: ...

Sometimes I'm slow like that. But now, after about 18 hours, here is my response. Think of all the other things I could be eating as a pre-post-movie dinner snack right now (I won't tell you which one of us was eating movie popcorn and regular coke).

Yes, it is just chocolate and peanuts (and dates. I'll happily eat dates if they come with chocolate and peanuts) and that's why they're great. No added crap, no random flavoring, no weird "Larabar protein blend" like you can see on the ingredient lists of other bars.

And for me, chocolate fiend, these are way better than eating a Reeses or two, as Hersheys so kindly packages them.

So take that, boyfriend. And if you're wondering, the new Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar is also excellent.

P.S - While on the Larabar website I noticed that Pistachio bars have been retired, complete with an adorable retirement announcement. I just happen to have a lone Pistachio Larabar sitting in my desk drawer at work. Does this mean I should save it to sell on eBay for oodles of cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment